Thursday 15 March 2018

Premise | Sketches #3

After revisiting my last sketches I decided to combine some of the character features, adding some traditional Lithuanian ornaments and came up with some new, improved and final ideas. I personally like number 3 for the male and 5 for the female character the most. My next step will be the further development of the final characters into turnarounds with fitting colourization.


 As for my environment development I will be mainly focusing on areas surrounding mountains. The importance of the colour pick especially for the aurora lights should not be underestimated since they will determine and lead the mood and the atmosphere immensely. The following sketches are experiments for determining the harmony between the colours for the environment.

3 comments:

  1. Questions - What is your character required to do physically in your film? Having arms and hands under a poncho (clothing) restricts movement. How is you character going to achieve what it needs to achieve? Also, having clothing over arms is hard in 3D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the side of the poncho there will be holes big enough for the character to stick their hands through. I planned on showing those details which are not visible in the current sketches with the upcomming character turnaround where I will put as many details as possible considering the character movements. In case I will be having problems with the 3D model I will resort to keeping the arms and hands outside of the poncho, but still below the first cape segment.

      Delete