Friday 13 April 2018

Premise | Character Turnaround & Orthographs

After my initial sketches for my Premise characters I decided to add even more details to them such as personalized ornament patterns and additional accessories including the patterned gloves fitting the winter theme of the story and for the male character the bands on his back making him feel more "out of this world". Then I created the turn around for those characters for a better understanding how they will look like precisely. 


As for the colorization, I chose to go for monochromatic colour schemes since I want my characters to have a more simplistic look. I tried many colour schemes and ended up choosing the red-purple for the female and the darkblue-green scheme for the male character. I then tried various combinations of the colors on the actual characters and came up with the ones shown below numbered 1 to 8. I must say as my personal favourites I would go for number 4 for the boy and number 7 for the girl which in my opinion would match really well together. 




As my final step before moving into modelling I created orthographs for the characters as well. They are created in Illustrator with fine, clean lines and less details than the character turn around to keep a clean image of how the character model should look like without  the additions.


1 comment:

  1. I personally like 3 and 5. Lovely work here, very sweet :)

    ReplyDelete